Thursday, January 3, 2013

Finding Joy in Suffering...

You know something big is wrong when making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for one of your kids is a monumental task and just the thought of it makes you cry!
You can only understand someone's suffering if you have been there yourself. Autoimmune   Diseases rob people of  life. There is even a stress to having a good day...how long will,it last ,minutes , hours , a day. The disappointment when symptoms start flaring ..the disappointment and sadness when you know you will not be able to do something..and you have to tell your children ,spouse ,family and friends. The "you don't look sick" "why is your hair so short" " I know , I am tired too". When the Doctor says "this is how it's gonna be,try this med that has horrific side effects" Spending a lot of time alone ..God has been my companion and friend , He has never failed me. He has given me a peace..I am no longer chasing my healing..I am chasing Him.  People will fail and disappoint God never does.  I believe I am healed and I don't know,why my body hasn't caught up with my spirit , but I am determined this year to have Joy while I wait for physical healing to completely appear in my body! I am no Saint, I have days I am horrible! like yesterday for example ..but the goodness of  God always melts my heart! This is a video that I have watched over and over in some of my worst times..I only could get up to go to the bathroom..my hair was falling out along with my eyebrows and eyelashes so it was probably a good thing I was not visible to the world! Anyway I hope this inspires you too! Hope and encouragement so click on this link to get some hope and encouragement from Wendi!

1 comment:

  1. Please bear with me I am so not computer savvy! For some reason things keep disappearing ..trying to figure it out!

    ReplyDelete